Peabody Energy shares poised to rise -Barron's
Aug 25 (Reuters) - Coal company Peabody Energy Corp is poised to benefit from coal prices that should get a lift as supply and demand become more balanced, Barron's said in its Aug. 26 edition.
Demand has picked up as some utilities have turned back to coal from natural gas, while producers are slowly closing high-cost coal mines, meaning prices should rise, improving Peabody's profits over time.
One analyst quote by the financial newspaper said shares could rise to $30 to $35 over time for "patient" investors. That would be nearly double Friday's closing price of $17,85.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin