Iran warns against U.S. crossing Syria "red line"
DUBAI Aug 25 (Reuters) - Iran on Sunday warned the United States against crossing the "red line" on Syria, saying it would have "severe consequences", according to the Fars news agency.
"America knows the limitation of the red line of the Syrian front and any crossing of Syria's red line will have severe consequences for the White House," said Massoud Jazayeri, deputy chief of staff of Iran's armed forces, reacting to statements by Western officials regarding the possibility of military intervention in Syria, according to Fars. (Reporting by Yeganeh Torbati; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Palestinian death toll rises to 77 as Israel hits Gaza over rocket fire |
- Man charged with murder in Texas shooting deaths of six |
- Wall Street edges lower on Portugal bank worry
- Berlin tells CIA station chief to leave in spy scandal