U.S. response to Syria must be international action -senior Democrat
WASHINGTON Aug 25 (Reuters) - Any U.S. response to the alleged use of chemical weapons in Syria must be part of an international action, a senior U.S. Democratic senator, Jack Reed, said on Sunday.
"This has to be an international operation, it can't be a unilateral American approach," Reed said on CBS television's Face the Nation show. "It has to have support internationally, not just politically, but militarily," he said, adding that Washington could not get into a "general military operation in Syria." (Reporting By Susan Cornwell; Editing by David Brunnstrom)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |