RPT-KPN says agreed improved terms over E-Plus sale
AMSTERDAM Aug 26 (Reuters) - Dutch telecoms group KPN on Monday announced improved terms for the sale of its German business E-Plus to Spain's Telefónica, in a deal worth 8.55 billion euros ($11.46 billion) that now has the support of Carlos Slim's América Móvil.
"As a result of the improved terms, América Móvil has provided an irrevocable commitment to vote in favour of the proposed transaction at KPN's extraordinary general meeting related to the sale of E-Plus," KPN said in a statement.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls