CANADA STOCKS-TSX steady as Potash gains offset by U.S. data, Syria
TORONTO, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index ended little changed on Monday after political tension in Syria and sluggish U.S. economic data weighed on investor sentiment, offsetting gains in Potash Corp and Agrium Inc after grain prices jumped. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed down 2 points, or 0.02 percent, at 12,760.30. Eight of the 10 main sectors on the index were in the red.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA