CANADA STOCKS-TSX reaches three-month high as Potash, Agrium gain
TORONTO, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index rose on Monday to its highest in more than three months as gains in Potash Corp and Agrium Inc helped offset negative sentiment following sluggish U.S. economic data and political volatility in Italy. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 39.58 points, or 0.31 percent, at 12,801.88 shortly after the open.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies