CANADA STOCKS-TSX reaches three-month high as Potash, Agrium gain
TORONTO, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index rose on Monday to its highest in more than three months as gains in Potash Corp and Agrium Inc helped offset negative sentiment following sluggish U.S. economic data and political volatility in Italy. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 39.58 points, or 0.31 percent, at 12,801.88 shortly after the open.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |