CANADA STOCKS-TSX reaches three-month high as Potash, Agrium gain
TORONTO, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index rose on Monday to its highest in more than three months as gains in Potash Corp and Agrium Inc helped offset negative sentiment following sluggish U.S. economic data and political volatility in Italy. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 39.58 points, or 0.31 percent, at 12,801.88 shortly after the open.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years