India's REC garners at least 12.5 bln rupees via tax-free bonds - sources
MUMBAI Aug 26 (Reuters) - India's Rural Electrification Corp Ltd (REC) has garnered at least 12.5 billion rupees ($195.28 million) through a private placement of tax-free bonds, three sources with direct knowledge of the deal said.
The bidding for bonds are on multiple price based auction, with funds being raised at 100.01 for 10-year tax-free bonds and at 100.05 for 15-year bonds, they said.
The firm did not get any bids for the 20-year tranche. ($1 = 64.0100 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Archana Narayanan; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Los Angeles sheriff's officials charged in jail misconduct probe
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- RPT-Record low temperature recorded in Antarctica -scientists