Telefonica says America Movil to vote in favour of KPN's E-Plus deal
MADRID Aug 26 (Reuters) - Spain's telecom giant Telefonica on Monday said America Movil, KPN's main shareholder, had given an irrevocable commitment to approve the sale of KPN's German subsidiary, E-Plus.
In a statement to the Spanish stock market regulator, Telefonica also said it had improved its offer for E-Plus, for which KPN will now receive 20.5 percent of Telefonica Deutschland instead of 17.6 percent previously.
Telefonica will sign an option to buy back 2.9 percent of its subsidiary after a year at a price of 510 million euros ($683.58 million).
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study
- Mega Millions winning lottery tickets sold in California, Georgia |