Telefonica says America Movil to vote in favour of KPN's E-Plus deal
MADRID Aug 26 (Reuters) - Spain's telecom giant Telefonica on Monday said America Movil, KPN's main shareholder, had given an irrevocable commitment to approve the sale of KPN's German subsidiary, E-Plus.
In a statement to the Spanish stock market regulator, Telefonica also said it had improved its offer for E-Plus, for which KPN will now receive 20.5 percent of Telefonica Deutschland instead of 17.6 percent previously.
Telefonica will sign an option to buy back 2.9 percent of its subsidiary after a year at a price of 510 million euros ($683.58 million).
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76