Telefonica says America Movil to vote in favour of KPN's E-Plus deal
MADRID Aug 26 (Reuters) - Spain's telecom giant Telefonica on Monday said America Movil, KPN's main shareholder, had given an irrevocable commitment to approve the sale of KPN's German subsidiary, E-Plus.
In a statement to the Spanish stock market regulator, Telefonica also said it had improved its offer for E-Plus, for which KPN will now receive 20.5 percent of Telefonica Deutschland instead of 17.6 percent previously.
Telefonica will sign an option to buy back 2.9 percent of its subsidiary after a year at a price of 510 million euros ($683.58 million).
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats