Telefonica says America Movil to vote in favour of KPN's E-Plus deal
MADRID Aug 26 (Reuters) - Spain's telecom giant Telefonica on Monday said America Movil, KPN's main shareholder, had given an irrevocable commitment to approve the sale of KPN's German subsidiary, E-Plus.
In a statement to the Spanish stock market regulator, Telefonica also said it had improved its offer for E-Plus, for which KPN will now receive 20.5 percent of Telefonica Deutschland instead of 17.6 percent previously.
Telefonica will sign an option to buy back 2.9 percent of its subsidiary after a year at a price of 510 million euros ($683.58 million).
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement