Kerry to make statement on Syria at 2 p.m.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will make a statement on Syria at 2 p.m. EDT, the State Department said on Monday, as the United States weighs options to respond to reports of a chemical weapons attack on civilians near Damascus.
Kerry said in a round of phone calls to his foreign counterparts on Sunday that there was "very little doubt" the Syrian government had gassed its own citizens.
(Reporting by Lesley Wroughton; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking