Boehner to White House: consult Congress before any Syria action
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner told the White House on Monday that it must consult with Congress before any response to the Syrian government's apparent use of chemical weapons.
"The speaker made clear that before any action is taken, there must be meaningful consultation with members of Congress, as well as clearly defined objectives and a broader strategy to achieve stability," Boehner spokesman Brendan Buck said in a statement.
(Reporting by Mark Felsenthal; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |