Avago revenue rises on strong demand
Aug 27 (Reuters) - Chipmaker Avago Technologies Ltd said third-quarter revenue rose 6 percent as higher sales in its industrial business offset tepid demand from smartphone customers.
The company's net income fell to $142 million, or 56 cents per share, from $145 million, or 58 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 6 percent to $644 million.
Avago shares were up 5.6 percent at $38.60 in extended trading.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule