Banco Popolare CEO says not interested in any tie-up
MILAN Aug 27 (Reuters) - The chief executive of Banco Popolare said on Tuesday the Italian bank had no interest in a possible tie-up, denying a press report that the bank had had informal contacts with domestic peer Banca Popolare di Milano about possible consolidation in the sector.
"I have my own house to think about, I need to further strengthen it, I have no contacts and no interest for possible tie-ups," Chief Executive Pier Francesco Saviotti said during a conference call.
(Reporting by Andrea Mandala and Silvia Aloisi, editing by Valentina Za)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |