Honda's China venture recalls over 400,000 vehicles in China
SHANGHAI Aug 27 (Reuters) - The Chinese venture of Japanese automaker Honda Motor Co Ltd will recall more than 400,000 vehicles in China due to piston rod defects, China's quality watchdog said on Friday.
Over the past month, foreign carmakers including BMW , Suzuki Motor Corp and Tata Motors Ltd's Jaguar Land Rover have all made announcements to recall products in China.
Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co Ltd will recall a total of 408,069 CR-V sport utility vehicles (SUVs) produced between March 2, 2010 and Aug. 30, 2012, due to a possible facture in piston rods for shock absorbers, China's General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine said in a statement on its website.
Dongfeng Honda, the joint venture between Honda and Dongfeng Motor Group Co Ltd confirmed the decision when contacted by telephone.
(Reporting by Samuel Shen and Adam Jourdan; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |