Eye drug firm Akorn to buy rival Hi-Tech Pharmacal for $640 mln
Aug 27 (Reuters) - Specialty pharmaceutical company Akorn Inc will buy rival Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co Inc for $640 million in cash to expand its eye drug portfolio to other dosage forms such as oral liquids, topical creams and ointments.
Akorn will pay $43.50 per Hi-Tech share, representing a premium of 23.5 percent to Hi-Tech's last close.
The deal will make Akorn the third-largest U.S. generic ophthalmic player and will significantly increase its retail presence in both prescription and over-the-counter products, the companies said in a statement.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |