LDK Solar posts smaller second-quarter loss
Aug 27 (Reuters) - China's LDK Solar Co Ltd posted a smaller second-quarter loss than a year ago and said it was seeing the early signs of a recovery in the solar panel market.
Its net loss narrowed to $165.3 million, or 97 cents per American Depositary Share (ADS), from $254.3 million, or $2 per ADS, in the second quarter of 2012.
The debt-laden company's revenue more than halved to $114.7 million.
LDK is one of the most heavily indebted Chinese solar companies, with a majority of its debt due next year. Chinese solar companies piled on debt over the past two years to expand output, eventually leading to a glut that sent prices of panels tumbling.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia