LDK Solar posts smaller second-quarter loss
Aug 27 (Reuters) - China's LDK Solar Co Ltd posted a smaller second-quarter loss than a year ago and said it was seeing the early signs of a recovery in the solar panel market.
Its net loss narrowed to $165.3 million, or 97 cents per American Depositary Share (ADS), from $254.3 million, or $2 per ADS, in the second quarter of 2012.
The debt-laden company's revenue more than halved to $114.7 million.
LDK is one of the most heavily indebted Chinese solar companies, with a majority of its debt due next year. Chinese solar companies piled on debt over the past two years to expand output, eventually leading to a glut that sent prices of panels tumbling.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'