Indonesian shares extend losses to over one-year low
BANGKOK Aug 27 (Reuters) - Indonesia's benchmark stock index extended losses to 4 percent on Tuesday, hitting its lowest level since last June, led by large cap bank and telecoms stocks.
Jakarta's Composite Index was down 3.7 percent at 3,968.38 in late afternoon, after falling as low as 3,954.86. Selling was most heavy in PT Bank Mandiri and PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia. (Reporting by Viparat Jantraprap; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal