NZ's Fonterra raises 2014 milk price forecast
WELLINGTON Aug 27 (Reuters) - New Zealand's Fonterra raised its milk price forecast for the 2013/14 season on Tuesday, citing an ongoing rise in international dairy prices.
The world's largest dairy exporter raised its forecast Farmgate Milk Price by 30 cents to NZ$7.80 ($6.14) per kilogram of milk solids, which would take its forecast cash payout price to NZ$8.12.
Global dairy prices continue to rise after a global food scare earlier this month, when Fonterra said some of its products could contain a bacteria that can cause botulism.
Its products have been removed from shelves in around nine countries, including China, while other countries have restricted imports. ($1 = 1.2711 New Zealand dollars) (Reporting by Naomi Tajitsu; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter