REFILE-STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's BB Seguridade buys 20.5 pct stake in IRB
Aug 27 (Reuters) - BB Seguridade, Banco do Brasil's pension, retirement and annuity subsidiary, has acquired a 20.5 percent stake in the formerly state-owned IRB Brasil Resseguros, Latin America's largest reinsurance firm, the company said on Tuesday.
BB Seguridade paid the federal government 547.4 million reais for 212,421 shares in IRB, the company said in a securities filing. The acquisition has the approval of Brazil's Council for Economic Defense (CADE), it said.
- Gaza bloodshed deepens, airlines shun Israel |
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory