REFILE-STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's BB Seguridade buys 20.5 pct stake in IRB
Aug 27 (Reuters) - BB Seguridade, Banco do Brasil's pension, retirement and annuity subsidiary, has acquired a 20.5 percent stake in the formerly state-owned IRB Brasil Resseguros, Latin America's largest reinsurance firm, the company said on Tuesday.
BB Seguridade paid the federal government 547.4 million reais for 212,421 shares in IRB, the company said in a securities filing. The acquisition has the approval of Brazil's Council for Economic Defense (CADE), it said.
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Los Angeles sheriff's officials charged in jail misconduct probe
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- RPT-Record low temperature recorded in Antarctica -scientists