TiVo posts profit after patent lawsuit settlement
Aug 27 (Reuters) - Video recorder pioneer TiVo Inc posted a quarterly profit as it gained $490 million from a patent litigation settlement with Google Inc's Motorola Mobility and Cisco Systems Inc.
Tivo reported a net profit of $268.9 million, or $1.96 per share, in the second quarter, compared with a net loss of $27.7 million, or 23 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 53 percent to $100.1 million.
TiVo said in June it settled a patent lawsuit with Motorola Mobility, which had accused it of infringing patents for digital video recorders.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |