TiVo posts profit after patent lawsuit settlement
Aug 27 (Reuters) - Video recorder pioneer TiVo Inc posted a quarterly profit as it gained $490 million from a patent litigation settlement with Google Inc's Motorola Mobility and Cisco Systems Inc.
Tivo reported a net profit of $268.9 million, or $1.96 per share, in the second quarter, compared with a net loss of $27.7 million, or 23 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 53 percent to $100.1 million.
TiVo said in June it settled a patent lawsuit with Motorola Mobility, which had accused it of infringing patents for digital video recorders.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'