Turkish lira weakens beyond 2 per dollar for first time
ISTANBUL Aug 27 (Reuters) - The Turkish lira weakened to record lows on Tuesday, falling beyond 2 to the dollar for the first time.
The lira was at 2.0061 against the dollar by 0449 GMT after dropping as low as 2.0095 earlier and from 1.9918 late on Monday.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |