TiVo posts profit after patent lawsuit settlement
(Reuters) - Video recorder pioneer TiVo Inc posted a quarterly profit as it gained $490 million from a patent litigation settlement with Google Inc's Motorola Mobility and Cisco Systems Inc.
Tivo reported a net profit of $268.9 million, or $1.96 per share, in the second quarter, compared with a net loss of $27.7 million, or 23 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 53 percent to $100.1 million.
TiVo said in June it settled a patent lawsuit with Motorola Mobility, which had accused it of infringing patents for digital video recorders.
(Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016