AgBank H1 profit rises 14.7 pct, beats estimates
Hong Kong Aug 28 (Reuters) - Agricultural Bank of China Ltd , the country's No. 3 lender, said its first-half earnings rose 14.7 percent, beating analysts' expectations.
AgBank said it made a net profit of 92.4 billion yuan ($15 billion) in January-June, up from 80.5 billion yuan a year earlier. The result was better than expectations for net profit of 89.3 billion yuan according to a Reuters poll of four analysts.
In the second quarter, the bank made a net profit of 45.3 billion yuan, according to Reuters calculations based on company figures, up 22.4 percent on the same period last year. ($1 = 6.1217 Chinese yuan) (Reporting By Lawrence White; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- Australia foreign minister downplays China air defense zone tension in visit