Blackstone to pay $85 mln to settle lawsuit over IPO
NEW YORK Aug 28 (Reuters) - Blackstone Group LP has agreed to pay $85 million to settle an investor class action lawsuit accusing the private equity giant of not disclosing bad investments before its $4.7 billion initial public offering in 2007.
The settlement, disclosed in court papers filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, came in the run-up to a trial set to begin Sept. 16. The proposed deal requires judicial approval.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane flown deliberately toward Andamans - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport