Express 2nd-qtr profit rises 7 pct
Aug 28 (Reuters) - Apparel and accessories retailer Express Inc reported a 7 percent increase in quarterly profit as it attracted more customers.
Net income for the quarter ended Aug. 3 rose to $16.9 million, or 20 cents per share, from $15.8 million, or 18 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 7 percent to $486.2 million.
Same-store sales, which include e-commerce sales, increased 6 percent. (Reporting by Maria Ajit Thomas and Aditi Shrivastava in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- China anxiety knocks shares, oil
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- U.S. sees Middle East help fighting IS, Britain cautious after beheading