Express 2nd-qtr profit rises 7 pct
Aug 28 (Reuters) - Apparel and accessories retailer Express Inc reported a 7 percent increase in quarterly profit as it attracted more customers.
Net income for the quarter ended Aug. 3 rose to $16.9 million, or 20 cents per share, from $15.8 million, or 18 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 7 percent to $486.2 million.
Same-store sales, which include e-commerce sales, increased 6 percent. (Reporting by Maria Ajit Thomas and Aditi Shrivastava in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |