Infosys board member and Americas head Ashok Vemuri resigns
BANGALORE Aug 28 (Reuters) - Infosys Ltd., India's No. 2 software services provider, said Ashok Vemuri, a member of the company's board of directors and head of its operations in the Americas, has resigned.
Vemuri, who was also the company's global head of manufacturing and engineering services, was widely considered to be a contender for the top job at the company when current chief executive S.D. Shibulal's term ends in 2015.
Sanjay Jalona, currently the regional head for manufacturing in North America, will take over as the global head of manufacturing, Infosys said in a statement. (Reporting By Harichandan Arakali; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |