BOJ's Iwata: Aim to achieve 2 pct inflation as soon as possible
KYOTO, Japan Aug 28 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Deputy Governor Kikuo Iwata on Wednesday reiterated the central bank's goal of achieving 2 percent inflation as soon as possible with a two-year time frame in mind.
Iwata, in a speech to business leaders in Kyoto, western Japan, also said the BOJ will continue its quantitative easing until inflation stabilises at 2 percent.
The deputy governor also said that it take a long time for monetary policy to work, so in the meantime the government needs to support growth with fiscal spending.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |