BOJ's Iwata: Aim to achieve 2 pct inflation as soon as possible
KYOTO, Japan Aug 28 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Deputy Governor Kikuo Iwata on Wednesday reiterated the central bank's goal of achieving 2 percent inflation as soon as possible with a two-year time frame in mind.
Iwata, in a speech to business leaders in Kyoto, western Japan, also said the BOJ will continue its quantitative easing until inflation stabilises at 2 percent.
The deputy governor also said that it take a long time for monetary policy to work, so in the meantime the government needs to support growth with fiscal spending.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee