Russian retailer M.video H1 net income up 7 pct
MOSCOW Aug 28 (Reuters) - Russia's biggest home electronics retailer M.Video said on Wednesday its first-half net profit rose 7 percent, year-on-year, to 1.3 billion roubles ($39.2 million), helped by more stores and booming online sales.
The company earlier on Wednesday said it would not go ahead with a proposed acquisition of closest rival Eldorado because it could not agree on terms. ($1 = 33.1844 Russian roubles) (Reporting by Maria Kiselyova, Editing by Alessandra Prentice)
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police