Turkey says "all options" open on Syria, military on alert
ANKARA Aug 28 (Reuters) - Turkey has put its armed forces on alert to guard against threats from Syria as Western allies weigh possible military action against President Bashar al-Assad, Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said on Wednesday.
"We are now at a more alert position ... Turkey will take whatever measures necessary within the framework of its own strategic interests," Davutoglu said. He said "all options" remained open on the possible international action.
(Reporting by Jonathon Burch and Gulsen Solaker; Writing by Nick Tattersall; Editing by Humeyra Pamuk)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote