Blackstone to pay $85 million to settle lawsuit over IPO
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Blackstone Group LP (BX.N) has agreed to pay $85 million to settle an investor class action lawsuit accusing the private equity giant of not disclosing bad investments before its $4.7 billion initial public offering in 2007.
The settlement, disclosed in court papers filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, came in the run-up to a trial set to begin September 16. The proposed deal requires judicial approval.
(Reporting by Nate Raymond in New York; Editing by Gary Hill)
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs