Fonterra resumes Sri Lanka operations after suspension
COLOMBO (Reuters) - The Sri Lankan subsidiary of New Zealand's Fonterra (FSF.NZ) resumed operations on Wednesday, a company official said, after closing temporarily last week amid staff safety concerns following protests and a court ban.
"We have resumed operations today," a Fonterra spokesperson told Reuters.
Fonterra (FSF.NZ), the world's biggest dairy exporter, said on Friday it suspended operations in Sri Lanka after it faced product bans, court cases and angry demonstrations over its milk products in the country.
(Reporting by Ranga Sirilal; Editing by Ian Geoghegan)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |