Fonterra resumes Sri Lanka operations after suspension
COLOMBO (Reuters) - The Sri Lankan subsidiary of New Zealand's Fonterra (FSF.NZ) resumed operations on Wednesday, a company official said, after closing temporarily last week amid staff safety concerns following protests and a court ban.
"We have resumed operations today," a Fonterra spokesperson told Reuters.
Fonterra (FSF.NZ), the world's biggest dairy exporter, said on Friday it suspended operations in Sri Lanka after it faced product bans, court cases and angry demonstrations over its milk products in the country.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official