Michigan Senate approves bill expanding Medicaid under Obamacare
(Reuters) - The Michigan state Senate on Tuesday voted 20-18 to approve a bill to expand Medicaid, the health program for the poor, under President Barack Obama's healthcare reform law.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder broke with other Republican governors this year to support Medicaid expansion through Obamacare.
The Senate approved a version of a bill passed by the state House in June with some differences on Tuesday and the bill must return to the House for a final vote before it can be advanced to Snyder for his signature.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic