Essilor says organic growth accelerates in Q2
PARIS Aug 29 (Reuters) - Essilor, the world's largest maker of ophtalmic lenses, said organic sales growth accelerated in the second quarter and forecast a full-year rise in sales of close to 7 percent.
Like-for-like quarterly revenue growth at constant exchange rates was 5.3 percent, against 1.9 percent in the first three months of the year, Essilor said in a statement on Thursday.
The group added that its first-half operating margin rose to 18.3 percent from 17.9 percent a year earlier and predicted a high level of profitability for the full year.
(Reporting by James Regan; Editing by Dominique Vidalon)
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Los Angeles sheriff's officials charged in jail misconduct probe
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media