Fortuna lags forecasts with 34.5 pct profit rise
PRAGUE Aug 29 (Reuters) - Czech betting firm Fortuna Entertainment Group posted a 34.5 percent jump in net profit for the first half of 2013 thanks to a rise in amounts staked and a lower loss on its lottery business, just missing expectations for a 37 percent rise.
Net profit was 7.56 million euros ($10.1 million), the company said on Thursday. Gross winnings rose 4.1 percent to 57.41 million on a 20.4 percent jump in amounts staked to 275.86 million, above expectations of 267.4 million in a Reuters poll of six analysts.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation rose 27.4 percent to 12.92 million, lagging a forecast of 13.7 million.
($1 = 0.7496 euros) (Reporting by Jan Lopatka; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest