Fortuna lags forecasts with 34.5 pct profit rise
PRAGUE Aug 29 (Reuters) - Czech betting firm Fortuna Entertainment Group posted a 34.5 percent jump in net profit for the first half of 2013 thanks to a rise in amounts staked and a lower loss on its lottery business, just missing expectations for a 37 percent rise.
Net profit was 7.56 million euros ($10.1 million), the company said on Thursday. Gross winnings rose 4.1 percent to 57.41 million on a 20.4 percent jump in amounts staked to 275.86 million, above expectations of 267.4 million in a Reuters poll of six analysts.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation rose 27.4 percent to 12.92 million, lagging a forecast of 13.7 million.
($1 = 0.7496 euros) (Reporting by Jan Lopatka; Editing by Mark Potter)
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Ukrainian protesters topple Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich