TREASURIES-Prices for U.S. 10-year Treasuries pare losses
NEW YORK Aug 29 (Reuters) - Prices for U.S. 10-year Treasuries pared losses to trade flat on Thursday after an auction of seven-year debt.
The benchmark 10-year note rose 1/32 in price to yield 2.764 percent. Prices for the 30-year bond also rose further after the sale, advancing 10/32 to yield 3.718 percent.
The Treasury sold $29 billion of seven-year notes at a high yield of 2.221 percent.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter