TREASURIES-Prices for U.S. 10-year Treasuries pare losses
NEW YORK Aug 29 (Reuters) - Prices for U.S. 10-year Treasuries pared losses to trade flat on Thursday after an auction of seven-year debt.
The benchmark 10-year note rose 1/32 in price to yield 2.764 percent. Prices for the 30-year bond also rose further after the sale, advancing 10/32 to yield 3.718 percent.
The Treasury sold $29 billion of seven-year notes at a high yield of 2.221 percent.
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- China OKs iPhone 6 sale after Apple addresses security concerns
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes