US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends up on rosy data; homebuilders rally
NEW YORK Aug 29 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged higher on Thursday as data pointed to stronger-than-expected economic growth, though geopolitical uncertainty over Syria limited gains.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 16.05 points, or 0.11 percent, at 14,840.56. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 3.23 points, or 0.20 percent, at 1,638.19. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 26.95 points, or 0.75 percent, at 3,620.30.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image