Royal Bank of Canada posts higher profit, raises dividend
TORONTO Aug 29 (Reuters) - Royal Bank of Canada reported a higher quarterly profit on Thursday, as higher consumer loan volumes and wealth management fees more than offset a drop in fixed-income trading revenue.
The bank, Canada's largest, also raised its quarterly dividend by 6 percent to 67 Canadian cents per share.
Toronto-based RBC earned C$2.3 billion ($2.19 billion), or C$1.52 a share, in the third quarter ended July 31, compared with C$2.2 billion, or C$1.47 a share, a year earlier.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Home sales tumble, jobless claims at near nine-month high
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia