Write-offs push Russia's Petropavlovsk to H1 loss
MOSCOW Aug 29 (Reuters) - Russia-focused gold miner Petropavlovsk said on Thursday it recorded a net loss of $742 million in the first half of 2013 due to non-cash impairment charges.
The company took about $600 million of charges for the period due to lower gold price environment, it said in a statement. Petropavlovsk also maintained its 2013 production target of 760,000-780,000 ounces.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study