White House: Syria response would be limited, not like Iraq
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House on Thursday said any Washington response to chemical weapons use in Syria would be limited and rejected comparisons with the U.S.-led war in Iraq.
White House spokesman Josh Earnest reiterated that President Barack Obama would make his decision on a response based on national security interests and noted comments by a top British official that Washington could make foreign policy decisions on its own.
(Reporting by Jeff Mason and Steve Holland; Editing by Philip Barbara)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |