Azarenka steams into third round at U.S. Open
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Victoria Azarenka charged into the third round of the U.S. Open on Thursday with a 6-3 6-1 win over Canada's Aleksandra Wozniak.
Last year's U.S. Open runner-up, Azarenka had some problems with her serve on a windy day and was broken three times.
But the world number two was always in control of the match and cruised to victory in a little over an hour.
Her opponent in the third round is Alize Cornet of France, the 26th seed, who beat Croatia's Ajla Tomljanovic 6-2 6-2.
(Reporting by Julian Linden; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |