Ferrer cruises into third round at U.S. Open
NEW YORK (Reuters) - David Ferrer sailed into the third round of the U.S. Open on Thursday with a 6-3 6-7(5) 6-1 6-2 win over his fellow Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut.
Ferrer, seeded fourth, lost the second set in a tiebreak but was otherwise untroubled as he continued his consistent run at the grand slams.
The Spaniard has made it to at least the third round in each of the last 15 grand slams.
During his streak, Ferrer has reached five semi-finals, including last year's U.S. Open, and one final, at this season's French Open.
(Reporting by Julian Linden; Editing by Mark Lamport-Stokes)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 6-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak