Vodafone says in talks on Verizon Wireless stake
LONDON Aug 29 (Reuters) - Vodafone on Thursday confirmed it was in discussions with Verizon Communications Inc regarding the possible disposal of its 45 percent stake in their U.S. joint venture Verizon Wireless.
Reuters reported first in April that Verizon had hired advisers for a possible $100 billion bid and was contemplating a roughly 50:50 cash and stock offer for the 45 percent stake in Verizon Wireless it does not already own.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |