Zealand Pharma, Eli Lilly sign obesity, diabetes research deal
COPENHAGEN Aug 29 (Reuters) - Danish pharmaceutical group Zealand Pharma said it had entered into a research and development agreement with U.S. drugmaker Eli Lilly and Co , with a focus on type two diabetes and obesity.
The companies will join efforts to design and develop potentially novel therapeutic peptides for type two diabetes and obesity, it said in a statement.
The collaboration could also be expanded into other disease areas, Zealand said.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |