Judge in AMR/US Airways merger wants trial sooner than March
WASHINGTON Aug 30 (Reuters) - A federal judge said on Friday that a trial in the U.S. government effort to block an American Airlines merger with U.S. Airways should take place before March, the date sought by the Justice Department.
U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly said in open court: "March 3, I think, is too far off. It needs to be a tighter, expedited schedule."
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge