Judge in AMR/US Airways merger wants trial sooner than March
WASHINGTON Aug 30 (Reuters) - A federal judge said on Friday that a trial in the U.S. government effort to block an American Airlines merger with U.S. Airways should take place before March, the date sought by the Justice Department.
U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly said in open court: "March 3, I think, is too far off. It needs to be a tighter, expedited schedule."
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials