Judge in AMR/US Airways merger wants trial sooner than March
WASHINGTON Aug 30 (Reuters) - A federal judge said on Friday that a trial in the U.S. government effort to block an American Airlines merger with U.S. Airways should take place before March, the date sought by the Justice Department.
U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly said in open court: "March 3, I think, is too far off. It needs to be a tighter, expedited schedule."
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home