Brazil miner MMX agrees to sell Chile assets to Cooper Mining
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO Aug 30 (Reuters) - Brazil's MMX Mineração e Metálicos SA, an iron ore mining company controlled by Brazilian tycoon Eike Batista, said on Friday it agreed to sell all of its Chilean assets to Inversiones Cooper Mining SA.
Under the agreement, MMX will receive a royalty on each tonne of iron ore produced by Cooper Mining if and when the company begings commercial mining output from the assets, MMX said in a securities filing.
No sale price was given in the statement.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama