Chile retailer Cencosud 2nd qtr net drops 78 pct on debt, forex
SANTIAGO Aug 30 (Reuters) - Chilean retailer Cencosud's second-quarter net profit unexpectedly plummeted 78 percent due to higher debt levels following purchases as well as exchange rate fluctuations, the company said on Friday.
Net profit at Cencosud dropped to 7.976 billion pesos, or $15.8 million, well below the increase to $75.7 million forecast in a Reuters poll.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |